Wishing you had more than 24 hours in a day to finish your daily checklist as a startup founder? You’re in luck! The recent advancements have made it easier than ever to accomplish more, so read on.
According to Gartner, 37% of organizations have already adopted AI in some capacity, and the number of enterprises using AI has grown by 270% over the last four years. As per Servion Global Solutions, 95% of customer interactions will be powered by AI by 2025.
What is AI?
AI, or Artificial Intelligence, involves the creation of computer systems capable of carrying out tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as understanding speech, making decisions, and learning from past experiences. AI is a fusion of various technologies like machine learning and deep learning, which enable systems to recognize patterns and learn from data without being explicitly programmed.
How can AI help your startup?
Startup founders constantly look for ways to accomplish more in less time, improve productivity, and grow businesses faster. One of the most powerful tools at your disposal for achieving these goals in 2023 is Artificial Intelligence. AI can be incredibly helpful in several ways:
- Automate repetitive tasks: Automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks, such as data entry, research, and customer service, with AI-powered tools, allowing founders to focus on higher-value tasks.
- Better decision-making: AI is capable of extracting data-driven conclusions, predictions, and even forecasting trends or preferences. It can enable faster, smoother decision-making processes.
- Increased productivity: AI software designed for specific tasks can carry out the work of multiple personnel, obviating the need for multi-people teams. AI tools with advanced features can help streamline long workflows into a couple of automated steps and increase productivity with lesser costs and manpower.
- Enhanced personalization: Personalize product or service offerings to your customers by analyzing their behaviour and preferences with AI tools, enabling tailored experiences and offers.
- Improved customer experience: Improve customer experience by automating customer service tasks, providing personalized recommendations, and enabling faster response times.
Here are 11 AI tools you can start using immediately to get more done for your startup:
Canva needs no introduction, with 110+ million users already worldwide. But for those who may be new to it- Canva is a design platform that allows you to create professional-looking designs quickly and easily.
Canva recently launched its ‘Magic Suite’, which includes AI-powered tools like Magic Design, Magic Write, Magic Edit, and an AI image generator.
Magic Write is the platform’s AI-powered copywriting assistant. Magic Design lets users upload an image and select a style to get a curated selection of personalized templates. And users can now turn their words into images using their AI image generator.
Canva can make design processes much more efficient and sustainable. Startups can use it for:
- Creating graphics for social media
- Graphics for blog posts
- Banners for websites
- Design logos
- Design presentations
- Design marketing materials.
ChatGPT shook the world with its launch. Even making the likes of Google feel insecure. With more than 13 million daily visitors, it is safe to say that ChatGPT has now become a part of our lives. For a business, ChatGPT is an excellent AI-powered writing support tool that can help startups in many ways:
- Brainstorming tool: ChatGPT can be utilized as a brainstorming tool for content creation for social media and blogs. Input a detailed brief based on your industry and objective, and watch it populate your screen with lists full of relevant ideas.
- Improving Content Quality: ChatGPT is very useful in improving the quality of your content; it could be website copy, blog posts, job descriptions, emails or marketing materials. You can input your content and give it clear directions on improving vocabulary, changing the tone, or refining the message.
- Translation tool: ChatGPT knows at least 95 natural languages; it is the perfect shortcut to translate content or repurpose content for websites and marketing materials in different languages.
ChatGPT still has limitations, such as factual errors or misinformed answers; hence, its content or code is not publish-ready, but it is certainly a fantastic first draft. It can save you hours and reduce the number of heads required to complete one task.
Bing is a search engine that uses AI to deliver more accurate and relevant search results. Startup founders can use Bing as an effective research tool; with every result, it curates answers from the web with reference links of where it pulls it out from. This enables smarter searches along with background checks of the source link.
Founders can use Bing to research:
- Industry trends
- Customer preferences
- Latest Reports
- Latest Statistics
Lavender is an AI-powered email intelligence tool that can help you write more effective emails. Emails are the beginning and end of many, many processes in a startup, whether it’s pitching to new clients, recruiting new talent, sending updates to stakeholders, or managing a team.
If your business requires you to send out many cold emails, then Lavender’s Chrome extension is the right tool to add to your tech stack. It shows your desktop/mobile previews of your email, assigns scores to your emails, and also helps you by:
- Finding and fixing anything that will hurt your chance of a reply
- Suggesting personalized intros and showing prospect news, data, and insights quickly.
- Improving your emails using the latest AI, powered by OpenAI’s GPT-3.
- Collating data-backed insights collected from your email activity.
GitHub is an AI-powered coding partner. It helps developers stay in the flow by automatically completing code and comments. Since its launch just under two years ago, it has become highly effective, writing up to 46% of code and enabling developers to code up to 55% faster.
GitHub can help startups:
- Manage coding projects and work more efficiently.
- Track changes in their code
- Collaborate with remote developers
- Manage development workflows
Paradox is an AI-powered hiring tool that can help you streamline your recruitment process, saving time and resources. Paradox’s philosophy is based on turning the hiring process into conversations. Applicants start the application & screening process through SMS, WhatsApp, or FB Messenger whenever they want and can even resume at another time if something comes up. Paradox has reduced McDonald’s time to hire by more than 60% in just over a year.
Startup founders can use Paradox to:
- Automate candidate screening, scheduling, and communication
- Identify top talent more quickly
- Schedule interviews more efficiently
- Provide a better candidate experience overall
7. Lumen 5:
Lumen 5 is an AI-powered video creation platform that can help you create engaging videos quickly. It’s like Powerpoint, but for videos. Its blog-to-videos feature within seconds and uses A.I. to match content with relevant stock footage. It algorithms time each frame, decides a text position, and reading time, and calculates the best visual output.
Spellbook is an AI-powered legal tool to help you manage legal documents and contracts.
It can help you draft contracts three times faster. Spellbook integrates with Microsoft Word and can help you cut down time spent on lengthy legal due diligence by:
- Creating legal documents such as NDAs, Employment agreements, and Client contracts.
- Suggesting language edits to a contract
- Identifying aggressive terms in a contract sent to you
- Suggest negotiation options
- List missing clauses
tl;dv is an AI-powered meeting software to video record, transcribe, highlight, and share your online meetings. Simply log in and activate your browser extension. Whenever you have a Zoom or Google Meet meeting, you can leave it to tl;dv to record, transcribe, and summarize your video meetings.
When you’re on calls, you no longer have to worry about taking notes; you can fully focus on your meeting and allow tl:dv to do the rest. This is very helpful for long meetings and large teams to keep track of everything. It also benefits important client meetings, where clients can access videos and transcriptions.
tl;dv helps startup founders by:
- Summarizing long meetings into short, easy-to-read overviews
- Using meeting recordings to create short clips
- Automating workflows with integrations to team collaboration platforms and CRMs.
Chatfuel is an AI-powered chatbot builder that can help your business create customized chatbots for your business. These can be integrated into Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, and your website. The bot can handle inquiries and concerns with pre-made answers and use analytics to find patterns for future inquiries that will need pre-made answers.
Startup founders can use Chatfuel to:
- Automate customer support
- Generate leads
- Automate sales process
- Personalize marketing
Brandwatch is an AI-powered social media listening and analytics platform that can help you monitor your brand’s online reputation and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
Startup founders can use Brandwatch to:
- Monitor brand reputation
- Identify industry trends
- Track competitors
- Identify key influencers
AI is a game-changer for startup founders looking to accomplish more in less time. AI tools can help startups achieve their goals more efficiently and effectively. As AI advances and becomes more accessible, it’s important for startup founders to stay informed and consider how they can incorporate AI into their business strategies to gain a competitive edge in their industry.
Want to startup in Canada?
We are BHive, a startup incubator located in Brampton, Ontario. We offer international startups the tools, resources, and space to establish – and quickly scale – their businesses in Canada and North America. To apply to our Global Entrepreneur Incubation Program, click here!